St. Patrick has always brought good luck, love and blessings to my marriage. Here are just a few things:
1) I first returned to the Catholic faith of my upbringing about 7 or 8 years ago. I started attending St. Patrick’s church in downtown DC. It’s right near my office. I started praying for a husband in that very church.
2) A few years later, I had my first date with my husband. On St. Patrick’s Day.
3) A year ago, we bought our first house. The house closed. On St. Patrick’s Day.
So it’s not a ton of things, but they are a few very significant things. I believe that St. Patrick watches over my marriage. Who knows what else he has in store for my marriage? 🙂
St. Patrick’s Prayer for the Faithful
May the Strength of God guide us.
May the Power of God preserve us.
May the Wisdom of God instruct us.
May the Hand of God protect us.
May the Way of God direct us.
May the Shield of God defend us.
May the Angels of God guard us.
– Against the snares of the evil one.
May Christ be with us!
May Christ be before us!
May Christ be in us,
Christ be over all!
May Thy Grace, Lord,
Always be ours,
This day, O Lord, and forevermore. Amen.
- Getting Set for St. Patty (saxtonstudio.wordpress.com)
- Ideas for Your Wee Leprechaun (kidsincowtown.wordpress.com)
- St. Patrick’s Day Children’s Crafts (thecraftycrow.net)
- Flashback Friday: Shamrock Shake Sighting (jenx67.com)
- 40 Reasons Why It’s Cool to be Catholic #29 Catechesis (deaconcast.com)