My husband and I are trying to be healthy. Every morning I make fresh vegetable juice. It has carrots, apples and ginger in it to make it more palatable. When I’m running late, I make green smoothies. These taste better than you think. It’s basically 1 part green vegetable (like kale or broccoli), 2 parts fruit (like apples or berries), 1 part liquid (like water), and 1 part ice. They are definitely green but they taste sort of sweet because of the fruit. This morning I made a kale-apple-strawberry smoothie. It was pretty tasty. But after, for “dessert”, I made a strawberry-pear smoothie. Yum! They were the prettiest drinks – pink and green just like my sorority colors.
Best was knowing that I was feeding us healthy things – to get us to 50 years of marriage and beyond.
- A Healthy Smoothie for you~ (jayjaysfavorites.wordpress.com)
- Fruit Smoothie Recipe (josiebirdmcom63.wordpress.com)
- Green Smoothie benefits and recipe (mattmayberry1.wordpress.com)
- The Green Smoothie Recipe (linahansonblog.wordpress.com)
- Green Smoothie Treat… (powerfulproduce.wordpress.com)